Our roots go all the way back to 1938, when the "Peer Club" was founded on the principle that it would value inner character over outward appearance. The thriving Peer Club won the first-annual All University Sing and founded Pigskin Revue. At the end of the decade, Peer Club changed its name to Kappa Theta in keeping with the growing trend of Greek-letter organizations on college campuses.
In the 1960’s and 1970's, Kappa Theta was growing. They converted a room in Memorial to be their chapter room, and focused their philanthropy on children’s cancer research in support of a Kappa Theta family who lost a son to cancer.
In 1977, Theta Kappa voted to affiliate with Tri Delta, creating the Beta Tau chapter. Since then, Beta Tau has continued to grow and thrive. Our chapter continues to be centered on Christ and founded on principles of strong character, loyal friendship, and passion for philanthropy. We are so excited for another year of steadfast love and sisterhood!